2. Jammin Java
Jammin Java Gift Set
(under $15.00 for gift)
- 4 Chocolate Spoons* (see recipe below)
- 2 Mason Jars
- Inexpensive coffee mug
- 2 different flavors of Ground Coffee or Coco
- Festive Ribbon
- 1 small card for each jar describing type of coffee / flavor
- OPTIONAL: Flavored creamer packets and sugar to make experience complete
- Gift bag or basket for final presentation
- Ingredients for making chocolate spoons — see below
- Fill first Mason Jars with coffee* ( If you want to make this a little fancier, use whole beans instead of ground and include an inexpensive bean grinder).
- Take 2 pre-wrapped chocolate spoons below and with ribbon, tie to each jar. Place jars and spoons in gift bag or nice basket and top off with a bow.
- You can get really creative and add some raffia to bottom of basket and make your own labels using an inkjet printer to place on coffee jars.
- Place everything strategically in bag or basket. and there you go.
Instructions for making chocolate spoons
- Plastic spoons
- Baker’s chocolate
- Wax paper
- Nuts or candies (optional)
- Peppermint or vanilla extracts (optional)
- Melt baker’s chocolate in the microwave or on the stove, following the instructions on the box.
- Allow the chocolate to cool slightly.
- Add a few drops of extract to melted chocolate if you would like to have flavored chocolate
- Add one teaspoon of shortening for each cup of chips.
- Dip a spoon in the chocolate, fully coating the bowl. — If chocolate starts to harden reheat in 15 second intervals till remelted.
- Sprinkle nuts or candies onto the spoon, if desired. — Make sure you finely grind the peanuts or candies for more even coating
- Place the finished spoon on wax paper to dry.
- Repeat until all of the chocolate is gone.
- Use white and dark chocolate together to create a swirled look.
- Top the spoons with cookie crumbs or other pantry leftovers to cut the cost even further.
- Use press and seal to cover dried spoons — it looks just like shrink wrap and is much cheaper